CE Credits Hours: Total 7 Hours
Prerequisite for this course is Osseodensification Level 1
Course Description (one-day course)
What, Where, and when?
With the advent of new technologies, techniques, and materials the ability to restore and replace missing teeth with the form, function and beauty of the natural dentition is now possible. Resin bonded bridges, porcelain fused to metal and all ceramic restorations as well as implants treatment modalities can be offered as solutions to patients suffering from the loss of teeth.
With any and all of these procedures, in order to attain a successful outcome, the focus must be the framing of the restoration within the confines of the lip and gingivae to provide for ideal proportion and beauty in the final restoration.
Therefore, any restorative endeavor must entail the foundation of adequate hard tissue and beautiful soft tissue frame and the construction of harmony of the gingival scallop between the restorations, and the adjacent dentition This whole-day course will focus on the interdisciplinary relationship of the restorative dentist, periodontist and orthodontist to optimize soft and hard tissue foundation for the restorative options. The diagnosis of deficiencies and the varied treatment options as well as risk factors will be discussed in detail.
• Case Diagnosis and Classification of implant sites using CBCT and digital 3D software
• What are the four most important diagnostic components leading to a successful treatment design
• How and when should we perform immediate/delayed implant placement
• Understand the potential altering of ridge form initiated by orthodontic extrusion and intrusion
• How to integrate implants designs and abutment selection with soft and hard tissues augmentation procedures to create the most esthetics zone of emergence profile
• Shaping of tissue through restorative profile and appropriate abutment selection
• Appreciate the importance of proper treatment sequence on case success
• What are the risk factors in esthetic rehabilitation
8:30-9:30 Site evaluation through 3D diagnostic and CBCT
9:30-10:30 Bone and tissue preservation/ augmentation SECRETS
10:30-11:00 COFFEE BREAK
11:00-12:00 Appropriate abutment selection to optimize soft tissue augmentation
1:30-2:30 Orthodontic Minor tooth movement as a potential option to alter ridge form
2:30-3:15 All on X & The Evolution of the “Scallop Guide”
3:15-3:45 COFFEE BREAK
3:45-4:45 Risk factor in Esthetics rehabilitation and What can go wrong
4:45-5:00 Questions and Answers